President – Laura Castellanos (email@example.com)
Advisor – Justin Wise (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology, was founded in 1929. The Oglethorpe chapter began in 1985 and continues to be active on campus. In the past, Psi Chi has hosted psychology movie nights, game nights and organizational events for members only (i.e., Trivia Night at Mellow Mushroom). Induction into Psi Chi occurs every fall and spring semester.
To become a member, you need the following qualifications:
- Must be a psychology major or minor or have a major psychological in nature, such as biopsychology or human resource management.
- Have completed at least 3 semesters of college. If you are in the middle of your third semester, you must wait until the next semester to apply.
- Have completed at least 3 four-credit psychology classes (not to include statistics).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in psychology classes.
- Have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.3.
- Pay a one-time $45 national registration fee.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in joining Psi Chi, you just need to fill out the application and turn it in to Dr. John Carton in Hearst 308. Applications for membership are available on the Psychology Bulletin Board (3rd floor of Hearst) and/or located on the Psi Chi website.
Deadlines for applying to Psi Chi are usually in November for the fall semester and March for the spring semester, so feel free to contact any Psi Chi member or Dr. John Carton with any questions. For more information about Psi Chi, visit http://www.psichi.org/